Orthodontics is a specialized field of dentistry that primarily deals with correcting misalignments and jawbone discrepancies. Patients will require orthodontic care at an early stage in their lives in order to achieve the smile that they have always dreamt of. One of the most widely used orthodontic appliances is dental braces. They go a long way to improve the alignment of the teeth. There are several other dental appliances used to rectify jaw discrepancies such as aligners, Invisalign, and veneers.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a translucent aligner. It is used to correct the alignment of misaligned teeth and remove the excessive gap between them. They are a brilliant alternative to conventional braces. Invisalign is a removable orthodontic appliance, thereby giving patients the liberty to have them removed when they have to brush and floss.
An innovative improvement in the field of dentistry has encouraged thousands of patients to have their teeth corrected and improved with the help of Invisalign. Its high accuracy and precise alignment of the teeth is the key reason why several patients prefer Invisalign to traditional braces.
They are engineered with the help of 3D technology in labs once an impression of the teeth is taken from the patient. The dentist studies and plans out a pattern of treatment before developing the aligners in the lab.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- A remarkable technology that allows patients to remove their dental appliances has paved a great way of making them comfortable enough to do just about any activity.
- Invisalign makes it easier to brush and floss properly as these aligners are removable making it convenient to maintain oral hygiene.
- As these appliances are removable, Invisalign gives patients the freedom to eat their favorite food without having to worry about food particles getting stuck in the mouth.
- The translucent material of Invisalign makes it hard to notice that you have them. This helps in boosting your confidence, thereby encouraging you to have them on while you carry on with your daily chores.
- Invisalign is comfortable to wear. This is because it is made out of ceramic or composite material. Its smooth finishing will be comfortable on the gums unlike the traditional braces whose wires or bands may stick out.
- Patients will not have to worry about loose wires or bands during treatment.
How long is the duration of treatment?
Wearing Invisalign is comfortable and convenient. As the patient gets their first set of Invisalign, they’ll only have to get them changed once in two weeks. To get the desired results, patients are advised to have their aligners on for 20-22 hours a day. While during the remaining hours, patients can have them removed while brushing, flossing, or eating.
Book an appointment with us and we will guide you further into your treatment.